musings of a restless spirit

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Meet the Allans

It was such a joy to stand up with Staci Mae on her wedding day. On Saturday, Staci took Greg as her husband, and it was beautiful. They looked so, so happy and I am so, so happy for them.

Friday involved pedicures at Capri, margaritas at Cancun, and a lot of German food at the Ronneburg in Amana. Tauna and I stayed at Staci's in Cedar Rapids that night, and I was thankful to have so much time with Staci before jam-packed Saturday began.

It was a really fun wedding- it was fun to get all gussied up, and it was great to see all of the B5 ladies (Wendy, Christina, Angie, Emily, Tauna and Staci), all together for the first time since Wendy and Clint's wedding two years ago.

I gave a speech about the last time I saw Staci in a wedding dress. She played a bride with cold feet in a one act play at Mount Mercy. Her parents spent the whole play trying to coax her out, and at the end of the show, the groom (coincidentally named Greg) knocked on the door, said "Cool it," and she came out and they got married. I said I was glad that the day passed without any prolonged stays in the bathroom, and my toast was that the real Greg will always be the calming influence Staci needs. I think he will be. He has that way about him.

And Tauna caught the bouquet. It was totally rigged.
The end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Yay, for reliving that wonderful wedding! Your toast was wonderful, and everyone was raving about how "hot" you looked! Their words - not mine.
Thanks for taking the time to share these, Nic.
Hope for more posts to come soon! ;)

10:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home