musings of a restless spirit

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Wheels on the Bus...

I think I've come to some sort of turning point. I was sitting at work today, semi-frustrated with things in my job. It's not that I don't have enough to do. No, those days are over. Instead, it was more of a "I have too much to do and I don't quite know how to get it done" sort of a feeling. I feel frustrated with my lack of expertise, and I hate doing half-ass work. So I started thinking about grad school, or moving elsewhere to do something else at some point. Those are usually encouraging thoughts when I'm feeling ill at ease with Life in General. But not anymore. No, sirree. Instead, I started to freak out. You mean this won't be forever? You mean someday I might have to move again? Go through all of this again? Leave this city and these friends? What's that about?? It's kinda crazy, but lately I've been genuinely excited about Life in General. I find myself not really wanting to move home because all of my friends in the state of Iowa are married or on their way to it, it seems. I feel happy and at ease with where I am here, today. So, it was upsetting to be pulled back into dreams that will upset this contentment, to realize their is no station and I better just deal with it. Weird, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home