musings of a restless spirit

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pictures of Egypt: an explanation

Over the past year, a few people have wondered what the title of this blog even means. I've never been to Egypt, so why would I have pictures of it, and why is that the theme of this blog? This Sara Groves video will explain the meaning.

When I first heard this song, it was as though I wrote it myself- that's how accurately it fit the state of my heart. This was my theme song for years, and only in the last few months have I been able to step past it a little bit, to come out of the desert and truly understand why I had to be there in the first place. The last lines say it all:

"If it comes too quick, I may not appreciate it. Is that the reason behind all this time and sand? And if it comes too quick, I may not recognize it. Is that the reason behind all this time and sand?"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole!
Thanks for sharing the video. Meaningful song and nicely done. All of us spend our time in the sand: there are no shortcuts for learning the lessons God has for us.

Thanks for explaining your blog title.

Jonas

6:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home