musings of a restless spirit

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Setting Up the Pins



Yes, it's another Sara Groves titled blog post, and yes it's another Sara Groves video, but as I'm sitting here gearing up to do some housework, I decided I needed to share this video. I hadn't paid all too much attention to this song until I went to that concert last month, and they played this video along with the live performance of the song, and now I just can't get enough of it. It can be discouraging sometimes to think about how many jobs in our lives we have to constantly re-do every single day- making the bed, packing a lunch, cooking dinner, cleaning up dinner, cleaning off the kitchen island (ours is a "stuff" magnet!), not to mention countless recurring tasks at work. In our small group's women's time, Stacy's been talking a lot about not growing weary in doing good, and this song reminds me to choose to "find joy in the fertile ground", to remember that even though it can feel so simple and blah sometimes, it's really profound to live out daily life with a joyful spirit.

So, Stacy, Liz, Jenn, and Michelle, this one's for you!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Mackeys said...

I love it! ya know last week I had a morning after a night with little sleep and I thought "how Lord, am I going to get thru this day?" I feel like the Lord answered me simply- "sing to me". I did and it worked... and it continues to work. not just listening to music, but actually singing. so I like the part that she sings about her grandma singing songs of joy :)it is a great way to carry my quiet time with me all day and fellowship with God!

1:13 PM

 
Blogger Leia Brown said...

That is so encouraging Nicole! Thanks for sharing :)

12:20 PM

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That was really fun to watch and sobering to....I read a quote this week that said something to the effect of "Potatoes taste better if made with cheerful hands"....and it made me think...Sarah seemed so cheerful while knockin' those pins down and I loved the video. Thanks for your encouragement friend. Love you, and sorry my phone was down, I'll call you tomorrow.

7:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home