musings of a restless spirit

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Things I Forgot I Remember

I was taking a shower in the bathroom in Natalie's Andreas House apartment, and all of a sudden the lights went out. I was temporarily confused until I remembered that this is a regular side effect of motion sensored lighting. So I flailed my arms about to create some motion, and then there was light.

I've forgotten how crowded the cafeteria gets at 12:00. Kathi took me to lunch at the Hilltop (courtesy of the Theater department!), and we walked through a maze of backpacks and noise. I'm glad "our table" is gone. All the kids in the caf looked like punks.

I hadn't stepped foot in Andreas House since Wendy, Staci Mae, Christina, Angie, Emily, Tauna and I all moved out of our beloved B5 over two years ago. It was strangely familiar to be back there. And this weekend I saw all six of these ladies (and Sam of course!) together again, and it was delightful fun. Wendy is now Mrs. Fedler, Staci Mae caught the bouquet, and Emily has the scars to prove it. Tauna wore her cute running shoes on the dance floor, Christina made sure to request the songs that we know and love, and Angie was an excellent "date". And it was good.

I have so much more that I'd like to write. My heart has been heavy today with scary news stories, my strangely stressful workload, the "singleness issue". But, because of this aforementioned strangely stressful workload, it will all have to wait for a later, earlier time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Marie said...

I just want to note, that for the record, I let Staci have that bouquet.

1:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home