musings of a restless spirit

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ode to Wayne-o

I love my dad. I think he is the nicest, most giving, and most adorable human being on the planet. Well, I don't know everyone on the planet, but he's at least the nicest, most giving, and most adorable human being that I know.

He came to visit me this weekend specifically to help me do some spring cleaning. We were able to get so much done! All the clutter in my room is gone. The mess in my bathroom is gone. My car is fixed and clean. Everything is organized and I feel like my room is twice as big and twice as comfortable.

My dad doesn't complain. He could have. We worked long and hard yesterday, but he's just so loving and helpful that it was FUN! Even now, I sit and look around and am amazed at what he did for me. I feel like a huge weight of the long "to do" list has been lifted.

And he's just so cute, too. He was very excited to be able to go to Menards yesterday. He loves that place so much. He was excited to go shopping at Target with me. He was happy to have dinner with Beth and Charlotte and to meet some of my other friends at church this morning, cracking jokes and being goofy all the way.

So now he is back in Iowa and I am here in my clean, happy room feeling so blessed to have the nicest, most giving, and most adorable dad in the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I second that: Wayne rocks!

It is inconceivable how adorable he is.

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home