musings of a restless spirit

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Women Who Write

Thank you for the push, Tauna.

I'm slacking a bit on this New Year's Resolution of mine to "blog" more often. But Tauna emailed me today requesting a post. And then Natalie tells me she's been checking, too, and has been disappointed that it hasn't been updated in awhile. So, despite the fact that I really should go to bed, here I am.

Tonight I've been inspired (for lack of a less-cheesy word) by other women who write. I found out that my former high school English teacher, Ms. Jackovin (she hasn't been my teacher since 1998, but I still can't bring myself to call her Mary!), has written a book about her mom's battle with cancer. Whoa. That's some serious stuff. I read an excerpt online and was sobbing by the end of the first page. I think it's really cool that she's honoring her mother this way. It reminds me of the power of words.

Aroea sent me a little piece she wrote about politics for me to take a look at, too. I like being able to share in the process. I love having so many writer friends!

All this brings me to is this: Tauna, we really need to get working on our book!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Marie said...

I know Nicole, we really need to kick it in gear. I'm going to have to force myself to sit down and write about something other then work, running and class. Or maybe I can just shut the TV off.

5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home