musings of a restless spirit

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Farther Along" - Josh Garrels



I promise I'll return to my regularly-scheduled programming soon, but in the meantime, I wanted to share this song.

Last night I had a really hard time sleeping. I couldn't turn my brain off for some reason. So I pulled this video up and just sobbed. The truth of the lyrics of this song really resonates with me, encourages me, empowers me... And then watching the video for the first time, I could see in his demeanor that he's a man blessed by the burden of truth and I in turn felt both joyful and sorrowful at the same time.

I can't really explain it, but I went to sleep last night feeling closer to Jesus than I'd felt in awhile. The reminder of the bittersweetness of life, and the promise that this is nothing compared to what's ahead led to me wake up this morning feeling joyful and alive.

P.S. You can get Josh Garrel's new album, Love and War and the Sea in Between, for completely free at his website, http://www.joshgarrels.com/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home