musings of a restless spirit

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Good Day

Up until yesterday, my funniest Valentine's Day memory was this: It was my junior year at Mount Mercy, and I was particularly heartbroken and bitter. I was at dinner in the caf with everybody, and I told Eric Chrisman, who was sitting across from me, that I hated Valentine's Day. Without missing a beat, he exclaimed, "Well, I hate coconut and pineapple and I hope they burn in hell." And that was that.

But last night trumps that brief moment by far. The guys in our life group treated us to a homemade dinner at Tom's. It was a perfectly lovely evening, topped off with some fabulous entertainment. The guys made us a CD of songs they wrote just for us. They are very, very funny but very, very sweet. I listened to the CD while driving to work this morning and simply could not stop smiling.

And Tauna sent me an extremely heartfelt gift that made my eyes water... but I can't tell you what it is. It is, quite literally, a secret. I really love that Tauna of mine. She's my person.

Here are some pictures from last night. Happy Valentine's Day!



1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Marie said...

I'm soo jealous of your community!

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home