musings of a restless spirit

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Remembering the Sabbath

The past few weeks I've felt very convicted that I need to do a better job of finding time regularly, each week, to just rest. I've been running pretty ragged. Each night of the week always seems to hold some activity. The weekends are usually more tiring than the work week. And it's just getting harder and harder to say 'no' and to take a break and just be.

What's interesting is that everyone I've talked to recently seems to be having the same problem. Aleeta has actually made it her goal to find a way to function on six hours of sleep each night so that she has more time in her life. The busyness of life is a common epidemic that can be hard to control, especially for people like me who don't want to miss out on the excitement.

So, I've been praying that God would show me a way to make tmore time for myself and for Him on a regular basis. So he made me sick. I have no choice today but to sit and rest. I'm not so sick that I'm unable to function, so I can get a few things done at home, but I'm sick enough that I knew that going to work would not be a productive endeavor. So today I am forced to take a break. Hopefully tomorrow I can return to my life renewed and re-energized.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home